Tuesday 19 July 2011

Lync On Premise vs. Lync Online

I get asked fairly often about the differences between the on premise version of Lync and the Lync online offering. I also get asked whether its worth using the online version of Lync.  Having been on the beta for a while i would recommend Office 365 as its really useful to be able to get to email, SharePoint and Lync. The whole experience does rely on your link to the internet though but by and large I could not fault the service.

I hadn't got around as yet to doing a comparative analysis of the differences, just as well as I found a really good one here. There is a really neat table that summarizes the differences well, making the answer to  Which offering should I use based on features” a really easy answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List